Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Welcome to Wild Birds of California!



Welcome to Wild Birds of California! I hope you enjoy viewing and thinking about the birds featured here as much as I enjoyed photographing them.

I'll be using a quiz format. All photographs will be from California, and I'll give some context about the photo, such as where it was taken. My intent is to post only photos I've recently taken, so if you are following this blog actively, you'll also have that context about the season to help identify the bird.

Enjoy! Comments most welcome.

   - Manzanita Starwood



2 comments:

  1. These two photos of the same bird were taken August 28, 2012, at Shoreline Lake in Mountain View. What kind of bird do you think this is? I haven't yet figured out how I want to handle the "quiz" aspect of this blog, so for starters just leave a comment on this entry with your guess and perhaps some commentary.

    ReplyDelete